Who Owns This Site?
This Site is owned by the Modoc Tribe, a Federally Recognized Sovereign Native Nation of the United States of America. The site is operated by Modoc MTE, LLC dba Modoc Domicile or www.modocdomicile.com, a wholly owned entity and arm of the Modoc Tribe.
- The Modoc Tribe’s address is: Modoc Tribe 22 North Eight Tribes Trail Miami, OK 74354 (918) 542-1190
Right to Change the Site.
The Modoc Tribe may discontinue, edit, delete or change any aspect of the Site, including, but not limited to: (i) restricting availability times, (ii) restricting compatibility with certain computer software or hardware, (iii) restricting amounts of use permitted, and (iv) restricting, suspending or terminating any user's right to use the Site, at the Modoc Tribe's sole discretion and without prior notice or liability.
The Modoc logos, and other names used for Modoc products and services are trademarks/service marks of the Modoc Tribe. Other product and company names mentioned on the Site may be trademarks/service marks of their respective owners.
The content organization, graphics, design, compilation and other materials on or related to the Site are protected under applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary and intellectual property rights. In most cases, the content is owned by the Tribe choosing to make its information available through this Service. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such materials or any part of the Site, except as explicitly allowed, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
Limited Right to Use.
Except as may otherwise be allowed by law the viewing, printing or downloading of any content, graphic, form or document from the Site grants you only a limited, nonexclusive license for use solely by you for your own personal use, and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works or other use. No part of any content, graphic, form or document may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, other than for your personal use (not for resale or redistribution). You must keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. The Modoc Tribe may revoke this license at any time.
You are prohibited from using the Site in any way to do any of the following:
- a. restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site;
- b. post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any tribal, state, national or international law;
- c. post or transmit comments containing harassing or offensive language, including sexual references, sexual nicknames, racial slurs or rude or deliberately offensive comments or engage in disruptive activities online, including excessive use of scripts, sound waves, scrolling (repeating the same message over and over), or use viruses, bots, worms or Trojan horses;
- d. access another person's or entity's materials, information or files without the permission of that person or entity;
- e. post or transmit any information, software or other material which violates or infringes the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder;
- f. post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- g. post or transmit content that encourages or provides instructional activities about illegal activities, such as hacking;
- h. post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for advertising or commercial purposes;
- i. solicit other users to join, become members of, or contribute money to any online service or other organization, advocate or attempt to get users to join in legal or illegal schemes or plan or participate in scams involving other users;
- j. impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your professional or other affiliation with any person or entity;
- l. perform any activities that the Modoc Tribe determines (in its sole discretion) may be harmful to the Tribe, the Site or other users of the Site.
No Unlawful Purposes.
You agree that you will not use the Site or any information or services related thereto for any unlawful purpose. The Modoc Tribe Attorney General shall determine whether any use violates this provision
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Modoc MTE, LLC, their affiliates and their employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or related to (a) any material posted or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy, (b) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with your use of the Site; (c) any violation by you of this Agreement; and (d) any claims brought by other persons or entities arising from or related to your use of the Site, including information obtained through the Site.
If you have agreed to allow your minor child, or a child for whom you are legal guardian (a "Minor"), to use the Site, you agree that you shall be solely responsible for: (a) the online conduct of such Minor; (b) monitoring such Minor's access to and use of the Site; and (c) the consequences of any use of the Site by such Minor.
Modoc Domicile respects the intellectual property of others and asks you to do the same. The Modoc Tribe reserves the right, but not the obligation, to terminate your use of the Site if it determines you are involved in infringing activity.
- a. Claims of infringement may be addressed to: Attorney General, 22 N. Eight Tribes Trail, Miami, OK 74354 Phone: (918) 542-1190.
- b. The Modoc Tribe reserves the right to accommodate and otherwise not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials.
Export Control Information
- a. Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this Site are presented solely to provide information regarding and to promote the Modoc Domicile’s Services and other products available in the Modoc Tribe, United States of America. This Site is controlled and operated by the Modoc Domicile from its offices within the Modoc Tribe. The Modoc Domicile makes no representation that materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use outside the United States. Those who choose to access this Site from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with their local laws.
- b. Any downloadable software from this Site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this Site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (A) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods, or (B) to anyone on the United States Treasury Department list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United States Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in the jurisdiction of the Modoc Tribe, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Modoc Tribe (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site (and/or any information, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be barred. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought solely in the Court of the Modoc Tribe. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of said courts and consent to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with the applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. The Modoc Domicile's delay or failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. The titles and subtitles used in this Agreement are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this Agreement.